Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name, addresses and contact point(s) I.2)Type of the contracting authority
Regional or local authority
General public services
I.4)Contract award on behalf of other contracting authorities
The contracting authority is purchasing on behalf of other contracting authorities: no
Section II: Object of the contract
II.1.1)Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority:
District Heating System.
II.1.2)Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance Works
Design and execution
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: UK - North Lanarkshire.
NUTS code UKM36
II.1.3)Information about a public contract, a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system (DPS)
The notice involves a public contract
II.1.4)Information on framework agreement
II.1.5)Short description of the contract or purchase(s)
Development of a 'District Heating Scheme' incorporating a Biomass fuelled Energy Centre, capable of providing space heating and domestic hot water to 735 off council owned residential properties within 7 off multi-storey tower blocks in the Muirhouse Area of Motherwell.
The scheme will assist in delivering ECO funded Energy saving works, through a combination of Green Deal ECO funding and capital investment.
The contract will be in the form of a design, build, maintain and operate and charging contract. The council are seeking to appoint a single experienced contracting entity to carry out the entire scope of works serving the selected multi-storey housing blocks.
Note: To register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the Public Contracts Scotland Web Site at http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=306011
II.1.6)Common procurement vocabulary (CPV)
71321200, 71321000, 45211340, 50721000, 42515000, 45251000, 45232140, 45232141, 09323000, 45251250, 45315000
II.1.7)Information about Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
The contract is covered by the Government Procurement Agreement (GPA): yes
This contract is divided into lots: no
II.1.9)Information about variants
Variants will be accepted: no
II.2)Quantity or scope of the contract
II.2.1)Total quantity or scope:
Design, build, operate, maintain charging and billing contract for maximum duration of 20 years. Estimated maximum value of the contract including potential ECO funding is 8 million GBP.
II.2.2)Information about options
Description of these options: Pursuant to Regulations 14(1)(d) (ii) and 14(5) of the Public Contracts (Scotland) Regulations 2012, notification is given that contracts for new work, works or services which would be a repetition of the work or works carried out or the services provided under the contract(s) relating to this contract notice may be awarded using the negotiated procedure in accordance with Regulation 14(1)(d)(ii).
II.2.3)Information about renewals
This contract is subject to renewal: yes
Number of possible renewals: 4
II.3)Duration of the contract or time limit for completion
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1)Conditions relating to the contract
III.1.1)Deposits and guarantees required:
The council reserves the right to require deposits, guarantees, bonds or other forms of appropriate security if they deem that such are necessary.
III.1.2)Main financing conditions and payment arrangements and/or reference to the relevant provisions governing them:
Information and details will be provided in the Invitation to Tender.
III.1.3)Legal form to be taken by the group of economic operators to whom the contract is to be awarded:
Where a consortium or other grouping of suppliers submits a bid, such consortia or grouping must nominate a lead organisation to deal with the council on all matters relating to the contract. All consortium members or grouping will be required to be jointly and severally liable in respect to their obligations and liabilities relating to the contract.
III.1.4)Other particular conditions
The performance of the contract is subject to particular conditions: no
III.2)Conditions for participation
III.2.1)Personal situation of economic operators, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
Information and formalities necessary for evaluating if the requirements are met: (1) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they are not bankrupt or the subject of an administration order, are not being wound-up, have not granted a trust deed, are not the subject of a petition presented for sequestration of their estate, have not had a receiver, manager or administrator appointed and are not otherwise apparently insolvent.
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed, or a member of the relevant organisation, in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation.
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established
(9) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
III.2.2)Economic and financial ability
Information and formalities necessary for evaluating if the requirements are met: (1) All candidates will be required to provide a reference from their bank.
(2) All candidates will be required to provide evidence of relevant professional risk indemnity insurance.
(3) All candidates will be required to provide a statement, covering the 3 previous financial years including the overall turnover of the candidate and the turnover in respect of the activities which are of a similar type to the subject matter of this notice.
(4) All candidates will be required to provide statements of accounts or extracts from those accounts relating to their business.
Minimum level(s) of standards possibly required: In accordance with regulation 24 of the Public Contracts (Scotland) Regulations 2012 and as set out in the Pre-Qualification Questionnaire.
Information and formalities necessary for evaluating if the requirements are met:
(1) A statement of the candidate's average annual number of staff and managerial staff over the previous 3 years.
(2) Details of the educational and professional qualifications of their managerial staff; and those of the person(s) who would be responsible for providing the services or carrying out the work or works under the contract.
(3) All candidates will be required to provide certification from an independent body attesting conformity to environmental management standards in accordance with the Community Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS); or the European standard BS EN ISO 14001.
(4) All candidates will be required to provide certification drawn up by an independent body attesting the compliance of the economic operator with quality assurance standards based on the relevant European standards.
(5) Certificates drawn up by official quality control institutes or agencies of recognised competence attesting the conformity of products clearly identified by references to specifications or standards.
(6) Samples, descriptions and/or photographs, the authenticity of which must be certified if the contracting authority so requests.
(7) A statement of the principal goods sold or services provided by the supplier or the services provider in the past 3 years, detailing the dates on which the goods were sold or the services provided; the consideration received; the identity of the person to whom the goods were sold or the services were provided.
(8) A check may be carried out by the contracting authority or by a competent official body of the State in which the candidate is established, to verify the technical capacity of the candidate; and if relevant, on the candidates study and research facilities and quality control measures.
(9) A statement of the candidate's technical facilities; measures for ensuring quality; and their study and research facilities.
(10) An indication of the proportion of the contract which the services provider intends possibly to subcontract.
(11) A statement of the technicians or technical services available to the candidate to carry out the work under the contract; or be involved in the production of goods or the provision of services under the contract; particularly those responsible for quality control, whether or not they are independent of the candidate.
(12) A statement of the tools, plant or technical equipment available to the service provider or contractor for carrying out the contract.
(13) A list of works carried out over the past 5 years, detailing the value of the consideration received; when and where the work or works were carried out; and whether they were carried out according to the rules of the trade or profession and properly completed.
III.2.4)Information about reserved contracts
III.3)Conditions specific to services contracts
III.3.1)Information about a particular profession
III.3.2)Staff responsible for the execution of the service
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.2)Limitations on the number of operators who will be invited to tender or to participate
Envisaged number of operators: 5
Objective criteria for choosing the limited number of candidates: As detailed within the Pre-Qualification Questionnaire.
IV.1.3)Reduction of the number of operators during the negotiation or dialogue
The most economically advantageous tender in terms of the criteria stated in the specifications, in the invitation to tender or to negotiate or in the descriptive document
IV.2.2)Information about electronic auction
An electronic auction will be used: no
IV.3.1)File reference number attributed by the contracting authority:
IV.3.2)Previous publication(s) concerning the same contract
IV.3.3)Conditions for obtaining specifications and additional documents or descriptive document
IV.3.4)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
8.8.2014 - 12:00
IV.3.5)Date of dispatch of invitations to tender or to participate to selected candidates
IV.3.6)Language(s) in which tenders or requests to participate may be drawn up
IV.3.7)Minimum time frame during which the tenderer must maintain the tender
IV.3.8)Conditions for opening of tenders
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.1)Information about recurrence
VI.2)Information about European Union funds
Under the terms of this contract the successful supplier(s) will be required to deliver Community Benefits in support of the authority's economic and social objectives. Accordingly, contract performance conditions may relate in particular to social and environmental considerations. The Community Benefits included in this contract are:
Information and details will be set out in the Pre-Qualification Questionnaire and in the Invitation To Tender document.
VI.4)Procedures for appeal
VI.4.1)Body responsible for appeal procedures
VI.4.2)Lodging of appeals
Precise information on deadline(s) for lodging appeals: The council will incorporate a minimum 10 calendar days Standstill Period following electronic notification (minimum of 15 calendar days for any other means of communication) to unsuccessful applicants of the award decision. A tenderer that suffers, or risks suffering, loss or damage attributable to a breach of duty under the Public Contracts (Scotland) Regulations 2012 may bring proceedings in the Sheriff Court or the Court of Session.
VI.4.3)Service from which information about the lodging of appeals may be obtained
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: